With the ever-changing digital marketplace, it is essential to keep on top of the latest trends in digital marketing to make your strategies effective as possible. Here are our top 10 digital marketing strategies:
1. First Impressions Matter: potential customers will form an opinion if they like your site in the first 0.05 seconds on the page. Amazingly 94% of people base this on design of the site, the layout, colour scheme, font, logo, slogan, images. If the site does not hit the target audience immediately and engage them then it is a pointless accessory to a businesses’ marketing.
2. Be Consistent: coinciding with the first impression matter strategy is consistency, if a website/ marketing strategy is inconsistent it becomes messy and this get translated to the potential consumer, which causes them to build up a negative impression of the organisation. Consistency is key, in branding, slogan, logo, colour the list is endless, but it causes the business to look more professional.
3. Setting a Goal: having a specific goal in mind greatly increases business success, having a goal gives you the ability to know what to focus on and strive towards achieving it.
4. Creating a Marketing Funnel: a marketing funnel is when you map out a customer’s journey from a complete stranger to a lead, allowing this movement to happen by placing specific tailored that encourage them to move through this funnel. You can apply the AIDA model to model to the marketing funnel.
5. Developing a call-to-action: a prompting image or text that causes visitors to take action, such as requesting a demo, or signing up to gain more information. CTAs should direct people to landing pages, where customers information can be collected you can collect in exchange for a valuable marketing offer. A good CTA should be attention grabbing and help lead a potential customer further into your marketing funnel.
6.Driving Traffic: there a variety of ways you can drive traffic to your website, using content such as blog posts and press releases. Inserting related keywords into content will help your content and website show up in more search results. Use engaging social media posts to attract more traffic to your site an essential for gaining the youthful demographic. Using interactive pictures, video, and other relevant media to help boost engagement.
7. Cross device marketing: consumers nowadays are viewing websites and adverts across a variety of platforms, iphones, tablets, computers and laptops, therefore the design of the digital marketing released to the public needs to be adaptable and attractive in all forms.
8. Mass personalisation: mass marketing is dead, the heir to the throne being mass personalisation and tailored marketing. The idea is simple, collect the maximum customer behaviour data analyse it with artificial intelligence algorithms and then develop customised targeting strategies. Thanks to Big Data technologies a tremendous amount of data from social networks, online purchases, mobile apps downloads or CMS can now be parsed.
9. Contests and Giveaways: being a consumer society we love winning contests and giveaways, they are great tools in bringing in traffic and expanding the target market through word of mouth, after such promotion a surge in sales in usually seen.
10. Don’t be scared of trying something out of the box: It’s all about trial and error, if something doesn’t work for your business move on and don’t worry about it.